Thursday, December 17, 2009

Digital Wish

I searched digital wish on oogle and found something that could be very helpful to a lot of people. Digital Wish is a website that allows someone to donate money or technologies to a classroom. Basically, a teacher creates a wish list on the website and people that want to donate register on the website and help the teachers meet their wishes. The site claims to want to update the classroom to the 21st century. This charity seems legitimate, and if it is, I think that this is a very important thing to do for underprivileged schools or children. Children most certainly need to be familiar and able to use digital technology quite well if they want to succeed in the world. Of course, all of these things could be learned later in life, but I believe, at least in my experience, it's easier to grasp onto concepts as a child than it is as an adult. I looked around a little more on digital charities and found a couple that donate laptops, computers, and various different technology to schools and children. This is a very worthwhile idea and I think it deserves more spotlight than it currently gets.

No comments:

Post a Comment