Thursday, December 17, 2009

Digital Comics

http://www.eatsleepgeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/action-comics-superman-1.jpg
I thought, for my last blog entry, that I would do it over something that I love. The truth is, I love comic books and they are evolving in this digital age. Marvel is the biggest proponent of this new way to read comics and offers this service in a subscription model. For $60 a year or $10 a month, you can have access to all of their comics that they have put online and they continue to update. Marvel also makes Motion comics. Motion comics literally add motion to comic books and occasionally voice acting. This makes a comic book a step in between a comic and a cartoon. I think this is a very cool way to read/watch your favorite comic books. If you search on Google, you can find many people speculating that this will eventually overtake print comics but I think that collectors and casual readers will always enjoy having a physical copy and I view this as more of something to go along with physical comics than as a way to replace it. The PSP system now offers digital comics on the handheld that you can take with you and read anywhere. I hope that this industry continues to grow and I am very excited to see where it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment