Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Digital Party

http://www.shrani.si/f/3L/Ar/2wHJTfZU/studentski-party.gif
I searched digital party and was pretty surprised at what I found. I found an article from Fox Business regarding a tequila company's website. Apparently the El Jimador website began to offer a party planner. This website will help and guide you to make a successful party, of course with their product being used. This is pretty much just a marketing gimmick, but I still think that it is pretty interesting. I believe that the party has been fundamentally changed with the advent of the internet. You can now have access to a larger amount of people to attend and many more options when it comes to theme ideas, snack ideas, games, etc. One might question how this relates to design, but parties are something that is designed and the digital age is making this process much easier. I remember a service called e-vite that would send digital invitations but now this can be done while you are on Facebook or a number of other social networks. You can basically plan a party from start to finish all online, and I believe that this is a huge time saver. You can throw a party and never leave your house. I find it funny that you can host one of the most social things that a person can do and do it all from alone at the desk. If you are ever planning a party, I suggest that you try to do it online. It will probably make your life a whole lot easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment