Thursday, December 17, 2009

Digital Popcorn

I searched for digital popcorn on Google and ran across something that sparked my interest. Digital Popcorn is a blog that reviews movies from all different eras. I find this so interesting because it led me to think about how everyone has a place to review whatever they want on the internet. Whether it be comments on a post on a message board or their own personal review website. Personally, my favorite review website is Rotten Tomatoes. This site takes many critics reviews for a movie and combines them into a percentage that represents the consensus of critics across the globe. This isn't just for movies either, Metacritic does these types of reviews for basically all digital media. I believe that this presents a great way for customers to make an informed decision on purchases and to see what the critics thought without reading a bunch of different reviews. These sites seem to be great but I actually found an article stating that Metacritic might be damaging the games industry. Apparently, some companies are becoming so concerned with scores, that they are developing their business strategy around it. I found this very interesting and I had no idea that these seemingly innocent scores meant something very profound for the industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment