Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Digital Water

http://www.expozaragoza2008.es/ContenidosAgenda/digital-water-pavilion-imagen1.jpg
I searched digital water on Google and ran across something interesting again. The Digital Water Pavilion was created by MIT with a couple other companies and can dynamically change and display images and text and take on many different shapes. I find this so interesting because I've never heard of anything like this existing before. When I think of water, I in no way relate it to current technology. The article also says that this can actually be used in an urban environment and can let people interact with this. According to the website, this has many implications for the future of architecture. Here is a link to watch the Pavilion in action. I think that it is very interesting that water can be used as a display or in architecture. However gimmicky this may be now, this could really have a future and I'm excited to see what that might be. I would really like to see this implemented into theme parks at this point but in the future this could serve as an actual option when you are designing a building.

No comments:

Post a Comment