Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Digital Frog

dissectionThis is just one of those things where I really can't believe that it even exists and it never entered my mind. I searched digital frog on Google and found Digital Frog International which specializes in digital frog dissection. I suppose, if I would have put some thought into it wouldn't shock me that a program existed to digitally dissect a frog, but I never thought of it as a business. According to their website, their company did start by a simple program that they developed to digitally dissect frogs and has grown into a company that supplies many different types of educational software. When you look at the screen shots of the services, it is most certainly not a Halo game but, according to this website, this software has been very profitable and was at least profitable enough to start a whole company and to have been in business for almost 15 years now. I think that this is so impressive because it seems like such a strange way to start a company, but I suppose that if you have a good idea that anything can happen. I think that this also speaks very well to something like the Iphone App store. The reason I say this, is because unique software such as this has a much wider audience. Someone can create something in their basement and build a whole company around it. This is very encouraging to me and I'm sure that it is to everyone who wants to get involved with software development.

No comments:

Post a Comment