Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Digital Kick

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/cosmicvariance/files/2008/11/time-flies-clock-10-11-2006.gif
I searched digital kick on Google and I found an incredible site. Digitalkick.com is a website that blends old school graphics and sounds with a very competent internet site. I think that this goes to something that we were talking about in class once. Prof. Mannheimer asked us what time is the internet, and I think this goes to show that even a single website can exist in multiple times at once. The site even says when you click to enter, "Enter Our Classical Site". This also made me think of the Wayback Machine that was shown in class. You can look up almost any website and see different points of its existence. This is cool for multiple reasons to me. For one, you can look at websites that no longer exist and I think that it is also fun to look at great looking websites now, and see what they looked like years ago. Internet design has come a long way and I'm sure that it will go even further in the coming years.

No comments:

Post a Comment