Thursday, November 26, 2009

Digital Sculpture

http://www.trinity3d.com/images/gnomon/digital_sculpting_human/example1.jpg
I began by searching digital sculpture on Google. One of the first results I received was this video. Although I already knew that computers were used to create characters, I didn't know that these programs, at least the one that he shows, were so easily manipulative. I always imagined making characters like the one he makes to be next to impossible, but these programs seem a lot more user friendly than I once imagined. I'm sure that many people are already familiar with these types of programs, but I have only seen them in action a few times and never seen them shown off in this fashion. It really boggles the mind to think that technology has made sculpting so much easier. You can edit your piece so much easier and redo any mistakes with a simple control z. These programs, such as Mudbox, Zbrush, and Modo have been used by the movie industry to make all kinds of different characters. I really never payed much attention to the programs that were used to create these effects, but pretty much anyone can get them and begin experimenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment