Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Digital Clothes



I searched digital clothes randomly on Google and actually got an interesting result. I imagined that I would get something relating to clothes that you can buy on a digital avatar but this shows that real-life clothing is even getting a digital upgrade. According to, http://computer.howstuffworks.com/computer-clothing.html, computer clothing is seriously being looked into and Levi is even marketing a "musical jacket" in Europe. The website also reports that this technology has also been looked into for medical purposes such as to monitor heart rate in patients. I think that this is a very interesting concept, but it really does seem in the development phase right now. I don't think that it is at all ready for a main stream release. I think that it is also a little bit too gimmicky for now. Possibly when the tech gets better, so will the product, but I honestly don't see a use right now. What I would like to see from this product, and I have no idea if this is possible, is a shirt that could change color or design completely. It seems like this could one day be possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment