Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Digital Pencil

This time, I tried my luck searching digital pencil. I actually found something pretty interesting. I found the textbook "The Digital Pencil: One-to-One Computing for Children". The purpose of this book is to take a serious look at children having their own computers and analyze what the costs might be, what devices they might use, etc. This book is dealing with the idea that every child should have a networked computer of their own for school. After searching a little on Google, it seems that many schools have started using this one-to-one computing model although the evidence of improved grades have been thin according to Education Week. http://www.edweek.org/ew/events/chats/2009/08/06/index.html, Education Week, also offers a live chat answering many questions about the realities of one-to-one computing. I didn't really know much about this, but after reading, I think that this is a very important step in education. It seems like it has to be done, and the sooner the better. For example, at IUPUI I'm on a computer constantly and I think that a curriculum built to show children how to effectively use computers would pay off immensely over the course of their entire lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment