This is just one of those things where I really can't believe that it even exists and it never entered my mind. I searched digital frog on Google and found Digital Frog International which specializes in digital frog dissection. I suppose, if I would have put some thought into it wouldn't shock me that a program existed to digitally dissect a frog, but I never thought of it as a business. According to their website, their company did start by a simple program that they developed to digitally dissect frogs and has grown into a company that supplies many different types of educational software. When you look at the screen shots of the services, it is most certainly not a Halo game but, according to this website, this software has been very profitable and was at least profitable enough to start a whole company and to have been in business for almost 15 years now. I think that this is so impressive because it seems like such a strange way to start a company, but I suppose that if you have a good idea that anything can happen. I think that this also speaks very well to something like the Iphone App store. The reason I say this, is because unique software such as this has a much wider audience. Someone can create something in their basement and build a whole company around it. This is very encouraging to me and I'm sure that it is to everyone who wants to get involved with software development.
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Digital Frog
This is just one of those things where I really can't believe that it even exists and it never entered my mind. I searched digital frog on Google and found Digital Frog International which specializes in digital frog dissection. I suppose, if I would have put some thought into it wouldn't shock me that a program existed to digitally dissect a frog, but I never thought of it as a business. According to their website, their company did start by a simple program that they developed to digitally dissect frogs and has grown into a company that supplies many different types of educational software. When you look at the screen shots of the services, it is most certainly not a Halo game but, according to this website, this software has been very profitable and was at least profitable enough to start a whole company and to have been in business for almost 15 years now. I think that this is so impressive because it seems like such a strange way to start a company, but I suppose that if you have a good idea that anything can happen. I think that this also speaks very well to something like the Iphone App store. The reason I say this, is because unique software such as this has a much wider audience. Someone can create something in their basement and build a whole company around it. This is very encouraging to me and I'm sure that it is to everyone who wants to get involved with software development.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment